Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Zack's Paleo Lasagna
Weekend laziness and a work related trip to Detroit (yes, I'm sure you're all surprised that it wasn't a recreational trip) led me to slack on my blogging. Back in the saddle.

Deadlift: 123-140-158(10) Bryce watched my form and made me feel a lot better. I had been under the impression that my butt was lifting before the rest of my body. Turns out that it looks like I'm just starting with it too low, so raising it to get into ready position. I obviously still need to work on this, as that's pretty inefficient...but I feel better nonetheless.

Metcon: 6:15 (I think?) with 65#

Nutrition:

Breakfast: 2 eggs over easy with sausage links, orange juice and coffee (at hotel)

Snack: 1 "Cherry Pie" Larabar

Lunch: Pecan crusted chicken breast over romaine with mandarin oranges, cranberries and celery. Balsamic vinaigrette (Fridays at the airport)

Pre-WOD snack: 3 pieces of deli ham

Dinner: Zack's paleo lasagna (shown above). Made with zucchini for the noodles. Filling was grass fed ground beef, onions, mushrooms, avocado, spinach, and marinara sauce. This was a big hit! Brown the beef and lightly saute the mushrooms and onions as well as the zucchini "noodles." Assemble and bake in oven at 350 for 20 minutes or so.

1 comment: