Monday, January 11, 2010

Strength: My Weakness

I don't know what my deal was today - mentally shaky throughout my CrossFit Total effort. I generally don't let the weight defeat me, but I just couldn't pull myself together tonight. I did manage to set a couple of PRs though, so I've got some good starting points to work on over the next several weeks. Also, ended the night on a positive note with my 2k row. I think it was one of my better performances on the rower and got a chance to work with Rudy further after my row. I can see that I have a lot of room for improvement and can tweak my technigue quite a bit. Should be fun to see where I end up.

Back Squat: 145 (PR)
Press: 75 (5# under PR, failed twice at 85#)
Deadlift: 195 (PR)
Total: 415

2k row: 8:28

Nutrition Today:
Breakfast: 1/4cup walnuts with coconut milk, banana, 1 cup coffee w/ coconut milk
Lunch: Corned beef, carrots, brussel sprouts and onions
Dinner: 1 bison burger with guacamole topping, spinach salad, 1 piece dark chocolate

4 comments:

  1. Looks like your still on the up and up on getting back to 100% Paleo doesn't look like it so bad for you either. Review the rowing tick guy off my blog when you have the chance. Actually, it's probably better to do it before you work on your row so it stays fresh in mind. Good job on the PRs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude... we can have dark chocolate? For the first time in forever last night I was craving a piece of chocolate and held back!

    Nice job on the row Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, I'll let Bryce make the "official" call on the dark chocolate, but here's my take. The bar we eat is 85% cocoa from Lindt and for one square it has only 2g of carbs. I've looked many other bars including ones with higher cocoa and this is by far the lowest. You get some great antioxidants and minerals out of dark chocolate. I think the pros outway the cons on this one. Consider it even more helpful if having a square of this per night can eliminate the need to cheat with cake, cookies, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Zack. Yeah I'm not a huge sweets person, but since I've started Semi-Paleo/Paleo the only thing I really crave as far as sweets is chocolate! I'll look into that for sure. Thanks for the info. :)

    ReplyDelete