Saturday, January 16, 2010

Big Test Day: Food Log

Today was the official start of "busy season" at our firm, so I had to go into work and be surrounded by delicious pastries, and the like. I survived, phew. Test #2 was dinner out with four of our friends...I always cave with the appetizers, but also survived this test - whoo hoo!

Breakfast: 1/4 cup walnuts with coconut milk, 1/2 banana, 3 strawberries, 6 raspberries, coffee with coconut milk.
Lunch: small piece of yesterday's mushroom quiche, lettuce, tomato on top of a ground beef pattie, 1 piece of dark chocolate.
Snack: 3 pieces of deli meat ham.
Dinner: shared a bib lettuce salad with Zack (red wine vinaigrette). Sea bass, mussel, fennel and mandarin orange "stew". It was really more of a broth that it was all sitting in and I'm pretty sure they may have snuck some butter in there (ugh, hate not having control of the ingredients). Also had one glass of a meritage red wine. Yum.
Post-Dinner Snack: Zack and I were still hungry after our dinner out, so we sauteed a couple of shrimp.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job on fighting the urge! I officially think you gals are a ton stronger on that front than us guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I caved the other day when work ordered Big Bowl. I didn't order a meal but I did eat 3 of the chicken dumplings they ordered. Been pretty good about will power but I was so hungry I totally caved. Never let yourself get too hungry!

    ReplyDelete