Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cake Day at the Office

Paleo Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Erin O's famous spaghetti squash and meat sauce
Today was Cake Day in our office. This is a monthly event that I NEVER miss! Luckily I planned ahead and brought a paleo friendly snack...still had to avoid the kitchen at all costs, but I made it!
Breakfast: 1/4cup walnuts, banana, coffee with coconut milk
Lunch: shredded pork (with bell pepper, onion, celery, dry mustard) over a bed of spinach
Cake Day Snack: paleo friendly pineapple upside down cake (shown above). As you can see, the cake falls apart just a little bit, but it is really moist. And most importantly, delicious!
Dinner: Erin O's spaghetti squash with ground turkey and marinara sauce (shown above). 1 gluten free 12oz beer.




4 comments:

  1. that's awesome that you planned ahead for cake day AND avoided other people's cakes! good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn girl you got some will power! Cake day? Did you see my picture that's on Chris' page??? Mmmm cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pineapple cake looks delicious! I may have to get the recipe from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cakes look delicious and make me want to get a fork. And do some baking first, of course. Since you (and your readers) are cake fans, I hope you will check out my article and survey about cake at work. Right now, cake seems to be running behind and you all could change that. The article and link are Dear Evil Skippy: Let Them Eat Cake? at http://www.evilskippyatwork.com/?p=256#comments

    Jim aka Evil Skippy

    ReplyDelete