Friday, January 8, 2010

Don't Be Afraid of OHS

Overhead Squats are extremely difficult for me. Definitley way high up on the suck list. Needless to say, I was nervous about finding my OHS max today. What a surprise though - I got 95# which is WAY more than I thought. So excited and definitely a good number to work from. I should mention that I failed to jerk the bar over my head the first time I tried 95, but came back and got it on the second try.

Metcon: 42 Overhead Lunges (25# plate), 21 Pull-ups, 30 OH Lunges, 15 PUs, 18 OH Lunges, 9 PUs
Time: 8:06. 6 seconds over the cap...grrr. I did feel good about sticking with unassisted pull-ups even though I was only stringing a few together at a time.

Also, I'm starting to feel a little bit more "normal" after a week of paleo eating. Phew...I never thought the hunger would subside!

No comments:

Post a Comment