Monday, February 1, 2010

Turbot with Kale Chips

Paleo Blueberry Bread
Press: Can't remember my weights, except for my last one which was at 64# (5). This felt better than my previous press attempts. I believe I only got 2 reps on my last set, last time.
Metcon: 21-15-9 of 24" box jumps, 35# KBs and 65# SDHPs. 7:19
Big thank you to Bryce for working with me after the Metcon on my sumos. Form was terrible, but I'm feeling better now. Need to keep my chest up at the bottom in order to maximize the power from my legs and hips.
Nutrition:
Breakfast: sliced banana and walnuts in coconut milk, coffee with coconut milk.
Lunch: leftover leg of lamb roast over spinach. 1 piece of blueberry bread (shown above, recipe is below).
Snack: 1 "Cherry Pie" Larabar
Post-Wod Snack: 1/2 banana, handful of non-sweetened coconut flakes
Dinner: Turbot seasoned with Ol' Bay, Kale chips (thank you Erin O'!), steamed broccoli. Glass of red wine. 1/2 piece of blueberry bread. Yum.

Blueberry Bread Recipe:
Ingredients:
2 Tbsp coconut oil
4 Tbsp coconut milk
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 Tbsp raw honey (yes, this is the only pseudo-paleo part)
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
3 eggs
1 tsp baking powder (ok, Zack says this isn't really paleo either)
1/2 tsp salt
2 whole mashed bananas
1 carton of blueberries
Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
Mix together coconut flour, salt, baking powder, coconut milk, vanilla extract, bananas and eggs
Melt coconut oil and raw honey in microwave, then slowly add to mix
Stir in blueberries
Pour into loaf pan (or shallow baking dish) and bake for 45 minutes
Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment