Friday, February 5, 2010

Frustration

The WOD was mentally tough today. Could NOT figure out double-unders (couldn't get a rhythm going, frustrated with the rope, shoe came untied twice, but no excuses!) and ended up with a big fat DNF. Not happy.

The back squats were better: 5x3x1+. 98-110-123 (8). These felt really great. My max is 145 and I did 8 reps at 123 so I'm looking forward to seeing what my new max is when we do CFT next month.

Nutrition:
Breakfast: 1 sliced banana and 1/4cup walnuts in coconut milk. 1 cup coffee with coconut milk.
Lunch: 1 grass fed ground beef burger over spinach, with 1/2 avocado. 1 chocolate banana nut muffin.
Snack: 1 "Cherry Pie" Larabar
Dinner: 1 salmon fillet with brussel sprouts (cooked with bacon). Another chocolate banana nut muffin.

This weekend will be a challenge for me. Zack and I are going to a fundraiser tomorrow night, and I'm guessing that the dinner will involve potatoes and bread. I promise to exercise my willpower muscle there. Sunday could be a different story. My parents are doing a huge Superbowl spread with very few paleo options. I promised my Mom that I would eat something (she's still very concerned about us, ha!). I'm going to pencil in a cheat meal, but I'll try to keep it reasonable.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment