Friday, February 26, 2010

Deceptively Difficult

Paleo "Taco"
I feel kind of ridiculous titling my post "Deceptively Difficult" because most of our WODs tend to be that way, but the WOD today was unexpectedly BRUTAL. I really thought that thrusters with a 45# bar wouldn't be that bad. Wrong. Really glad that I did this one as my Double under performance in the Snatch/DU WOD a few weeks ago was awful. I am feeling much, much better about today's effort. Thank you to Adam for sharing your rope!
Back Squat: 88-103-114(7). Lost my balance on the 7th and fell. I'm pretty sure I could have done more, just not sure what happened.
Metcon: AMRAP in 15 minutes of 30 double unders and 10 thrusters (45# bar). 7 rounds plus 20 double unders.
Deadhang PUs: 2-3-2 Very difficult post-WOD, but they are getting a little better.
Nutrition:
Breakfast: banana, coffee with coconut milk, hand full of walnuts
Lunch: Sauteed shrimp over spinach with avocado. 3 pieces of deli meat turkey and 3 tomato slices leftover from my boss' meeting.
Snack: 1 piece of paleo pineapple upside down cake
Post-WOD snack: 1 coconut creme larabar (my new favorite!)
Dinner: Paleo tacos (shown above). We used radicchio as the tortilla. Filling was a mix of pork and broiled sirloin, tomatoes, onions and avocado. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment