Monday, March 1, 2010

Big Smile

Considering that I had never even attempted an 85# thruster, I was pretty nervous about Monday's WOD to say the least. After receiving Bryce's e-mail with the line-up for the next two weeks, I was not feeling confident at all, but I'm making a promise to myself to go into each WOD with a positive mentality and give them everything I've got.

I'm also tweaking my nutrition just a little bit by going into WODs with less food in my stomach. I felt less lethargic today and seemed to focus better. We'll see how this plays out over the next two weeks though...

Overall, I am really proud of my effort for WOD #1. I didn't even know if I would finish it, so to drop a 7:57 is totally unexpected and feels really good. I know that it doesn't put me on the same elite level as Alison, Emily, etc., but there are still seven WODs to go and I'm happy to have this one out of the way.

Nutriton Breakdown:
Breakfast: 1 banana, hand full of walnuts, coffee with coconut milk.
Lunch: 1 pork chop over spinach. 1/2 avocado.
Snack: 1 piece of paleo pineapple upside down cake.
Dinner: 1 salmon fillet with brussel sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment