Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Late Night = Light Dinner


I got home late last night and despite going too light on the WOD, I was completely exhausted. Sidenote: I woke up this morning and it feels like my arms are going to fall off (damn Sumos), so maybe it wasn’t as light as I initially thought. Anyway, I got home and wanted something quick and easy for dinner. I ended up making a batch of sesame almond crackers, which I topped with smoked salmon* and dill. Yum! The crackers are a variation on a recipe that Erin O’ posted during the paleo challenge. I am a big fan of these – they really taste like crackers!

Sesame Almond Crackers
Ingredients:
1 ½ Cups almond flour
½ Cup sesame seeds
1 egg
4 Tbsps olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp black pepper

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Pour mixture onto the middle of a baking sheet (I lined mine with a silicone mat, since this gets really sticky). Place a piece of parchment paper over the mixture and roll out with a rolling pin. When finished the almond mixture should cover almost the entire baking sheet and be about ¼ inch thick. Score with a pizza cutter into 2 inch squares. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until golden brown.


*Note: We try to only eat wild caught fish, even if that fish is canned or smoked. Zack is writing a post on farm-raised fish vs. wild caught. Hopefully I’ll have that up over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment