Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ice Cream Social


When I began my paleo lifestyle earlier this year, my first inclination was to go crazy with my “cheats”. If I was having dessert, it was most likely going to involve some sort of brownie/ice cream/hot fudge catastrophe. Since then, I’ve realized that some “cheats” are better for you than others. Kerry Johnson got me hooked on coconut milk ice cream a while back, and I have to admit, it’s DELICIOUS!

The chocolate ice cream pictured above (topped with almonds and dark chocolate chips) is from Turtle Mountain’s Purely Decadent line of coconut milk “ice cream”. Yes, this tastes just like ice cream (even better since there’s a hint of coconut flavor) and its dairy and soy free! I wouldn’t recommend this for every day, but it is the perfect summer cheat/treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment