Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 18: Chicken Florentine


I'm still looking for tasty chicken recipes. I tried this one out for lunch today in an attempt to use up some of our produce before it went bad. Good stuff! Kind of hits that chicken soup note, but without the noodles and small pieces of chicken and vegetables. It's a somewhat rustic dish, and I think it would be great on a cold night.
Ingredients:
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 cups chicken broth
1/3 lb fresh spinach (approximately - I just used whatever was left in our Costco 1 lb box)
2 dozen cherry tomatoes (approximately)
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper
olive oil
Directions:
Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper - add to the pre-heated pan. Brown the chicken on both sides and add in the chicken broth and garlic. Bring to simmer. Add the spinach and cook for approximately 20 minutes (or until chicken is nearly cooked through). Add the tomatoes and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until they burst. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Ööh! I love cooking food with ingredients before they go bad to make a meal that tastes good. If it is wilted or becoming a bit squishy then I cook it in a recipe. "Into the pot before they rot" is one of my motto's!

    ReplyDelete